Are you a writer or programmer looking for jobs in the SEO industry? It you have already typed in a query into Google or Yahoo, you’ll notice that there are all kinds of different SEO jobs. SEOs have branched into SEO consultants who will give a specialized expertise in the very wide field of online marketing. SEO jobs are very popular and the skill sets of a SEO professional are in demand. Here are the kinds of SEO field that may work best for your particular skills.
1. The Technician. Is a regular programmer who does URL rewrites, server redirects, lots of code and site constructions. Essentially a tech-y, these guys will reconstruct or construct websites to make them easy for search engine spiders to crawl through. If you have taken a course in programming, have work experience as a server manager, or if you are naturally technically minded and self taught, then this branch of SEO expertise is for you. The drop description would have you managing content in the system and databases, fixing structural problems of the website and plugging in 301 redirects for deleted pages.
2. The even more Tech-y Technician. This is level two of the SEO tech-y, the geekier SEO. These guys to the more complicated technical jobs in the SEO field, they do research into the algorithms used by search engines. They try to figure out how the spider moves in order to predict its directions and decisions. And they test the SEO readiness of websites. These jobs need a high level of academic and technical understanding of search engines and the workings of online marketing.
3. The Search Engine Marketing Specialist. An aggressive website marketing plan would include both search engine marketing and search engine optimization jobs. Search engine marketing or SEM is different from SEO in that SEM advertises through a paid service such as a Pay per Click service, ads and banners. A large website would need to use both SEO and SEM and find somebody who can do both jobs. This is a select group of people who have learned both paths.
4. The PR manager. SEO is like Press Representation, except it is on the internet and not in print media. If you are good in PR or have some real world experience, your skills will readily translate to skills needed for special SEO jobs. A SEO PR will keep up communications with newsfeeds and interest hubs to create a buzz for their client’s website. A PR doing SEO finds ways to build links to their website from news and article pieces. A press release that drives in traffic to the website by publishing in influential, authority websites.
5. Marketing. All SEO jobs are geared towards some kind of marketing. But marketing online is also a specialization that requires creating marketing campaign strategies and finding ways to execute them on the internet. These jobs mean doing research on the best keywords, finding online demand that are of interest to your client, and then using this knowledge to get an edge over other websites in the same industry. It is part target consumer research and trend watcher. All this information will translate into finding the best SEO strategy for a client.
6. The Marketing Manager or Director. If you have a marketing executive then you have a marketing manager. This is a big job that mostly involves organizing other SEO experts. The manager and his team come up with a strategy. The manager puts the strategy into action by coordinating a team to work towards their SEO goals. These jobs need managerial skills and personal skills both in real life and online. They need to have a talent for communication, especially since online etiquette is very different and miscommunication is easy to come across.
Finding actual SEO jobs for you will mean determining your own skill sets, what you think you have to offer, then matching it with the demand in the internet jobs market. SEO is presenting a website to be favoured by search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. The search engines pick the best websites to present to the internet user according to a certain criteria. This criteria changes regularly so the SEO professional needs to keep up. What SEO experts do, and this are SEO jobs in all levels, is that they make the website compliant with the search engine websites to make the website more visible to algorithms used by search engines. This is what promotes the website, increases visitor hits and increases sales.
Getting a large website SEO ready takes a tremendous amount of labour. But even after the website is structured and edited for SEO, it still needs to be maintained and built over time to keep up with search engine trends. In short, the jobs are continuous. Content needs to be fresh all the time, so those who specialize in SEO writing are continuously typing and earning.
If your skill sets are low, you can get work in the bottom in route data entry jobs. If your writing is better, you get SEO writing jobs. If you can program, get a tech-y slash SEO writer job. Although must just specialize in one or the other. And so on. As you build experience and skills, move up the ladder to become editors, marketing managers, and tech experts.
There are permanent jobs available in web design firms. They always need SEO experts. You can also do freelance work, getting jobs by contract and working week to week according to job orders. It really depends on the working style you prefer. Either full time or part time positions are accommodated by the Brisbanes local SEO Company. You can even just work online with out leaving your home. The internet conducive to be home based. You can take a quick peek into SEO job boards where employers post job orders or positions they need to be filled. You bid on the job and get paid according to the difficulty of your expertise and the quality of your work. These jobs are usually have trial periods. And some lead to permanent positions.